Whether it be for announcing exciting news or boostering on-site SEO, every business can benefit from having a content management system (CMS), also known as a blog on their website.
Let me first explain the advantages of having a blog and then convince you why WordPress, which is totally free, is the best option for the blog software on any site:
Advantages for having a blog CMS on your website
- - Once setup, ANYONE can post on a blog without ANY technical knowledge
- - All of your posts are displayed in a clear and logical manner
- - People will find out relevant information from your blog
- - Web 2.0 technologies such as RSS feeds and blog commenting allow people to directly interact with your business (if wanted)
- - A freshly updated and ‘alive’ website will be favoured over a ‘stale’ static website by Google, so blogging enhances on-site SEO
So blogging can be used by anybody and regular blogging can have a positive impact on your business whether it be through increased public relations or enhanced on-site SEO (search engine optimisation). The hardest and sometimes most costly part of blogging is finding someone to regularly write content for it! If you have a large company then it should be the job of your marketing manager or public relations officer to handle the blog content, if you are strapped for cash then why not put aside 40 minutes a day to blog about your business?
Advantages of using WordPress for your Content Management System
- - WordPress is FREE to download, use and modify
- - WordPress is the most popular CMS – see the trends against Joomla and Drupal
- - When you create a post on WordPress you have a WYSIWYG editor which is similar to creating a document in Microsoft Word
- - WordPress can be themed in many different styles without moving around content, most styles are free to download and use
- - Catergories, Tags and link structure is automatically created in WordPress, all you have to do is post content and the website is built automatically around it
- - Each post you create is automatically ‘Pinged’ out to Google and other sites, Google indexes them within 5 seconds on it’s search engine!
- - There are more WordPress developers than any other platform meaning that the system is well known and prices are competitive
- - There is a large community of WordPress enthusiasts which update the software platform and can solve many challenges
So as you can see WordPress is massively popular, it is also recommended by Google’s very own front man Matt Cutts in his 2009 conference. Here at RealWebSEO we install a WordPress blog on every site we optimise for and use it’s advantageous features within several different SEO methods. We work alongside JunoWebDesign.com who have developed their own unique WordPress plugins especially made for on-site SEO in mind.
Whatever your business is you can get a great deal of positive results from blogging on the world wide web, so get out there and promote yourself!
- Blogging for the Future
Blogging regularly is very important for SEO as it creates new, fresh content for Google and other major search engines to read. One of Google’s ranking factors is how often your website is updated, also Google seems to crawl regulary updated websites more often than static websites. Blogs about the latest news or gossip can [...]
- WordPress SEO Blogging
A WordPress blog has become the most effective tool for SEO experts within the last 4 years. User-generated content on the blog will be presented to Google and other search engines in the ideal way to get the maximum impact on search engine rankings. Here at RealWebSEO.com we use our own custom written WordPress plugins [...]
- The Importance of Blogging Regulary
How often do you blog? Is it once a day, once a week or once in blue moon? Google LOVES fresh content on websites almost as much as it loves backlinks! Blogging builds up content on your website and each post counts as another indexed page in the search engines. As long as you write [...]
- 'Effective Blogging for SEO' Guide
Blogging Guide – Real Web SEO Blogging effectively and consistently has many advantages for SEO: Each blog post is a new page on your site Your site is alive with constant blogs (fresh content is great for search engines) You’ll gain more traffic through specific searches (example: you’ll never rank for “pink, polka-dot umbrellas” unless [...]
- Blogging for Backlinks – RSS Feeds
Blogging is one of the best tools for your website as it makes your website look like it has fresh content and lots of internal linking to Google. If you are blogging on a free WordPress or Google’s Blogger blog then STOP, you want all that content you’re writing to boost your own website not [...]